|Expanded PTFE Gasket Expanded PTFE gasketing sheet is made of 100% P.T.F.E. by a special process that produces a uniform and highly fibrous mulitdirectional microstructure. These create a soft and pliable sealing material, yet a very reliable gasket that has excellent compressive resistance, negligible creep and cold flow. It can seal uneven and damaged flange surfaces.
Expanded PTFE gasketing sheet possesses all the universal resistance parameters of pure PTFE. Completely asbestos free meeting the FDA requirements.
Salient Features :
- 100% pure PTFE
- Excellent sealability and flexibility
- High recovery of the sheet after use
- Highly compressible
- High Resistant to creep and cold flow
- Unaffected by common chemicals, pH range 0-14
- Non-contaminating, non-toxic, asbestos free
- Meets FDA requirements
- Service pressure, vacuum to 210 kg/sq.cm (3,000 psi)
- Service temperature, - 250 to + 250 C, short duration up to + 310 C
- Easy to cut by blanking, punching, also cutting with sharp blade/ knife
- Low compressive load to seal
- Can seal rough or damaged flanges